Mark specialises in combining performance enhancement at work with resilience and well-being. A focus on performance improvement alone can have the desired effect in the short term, but it can also lead challenges in the long term. By combining performance enhancement and well-being, he can help improve the performance of individuals and teams, in the short and the long-term – helping to improve resilience, employee engagement, retention, and business success.
Prior to forming Reach Remarkable, Mark spent 20+ years in delivery and leadership at Microsoft, and so has witnessed the needs and challenges of modern business first hand. That experience has informed his practice in combining the practicalities of work life, with the leading edge scientific evidence in human development and well-being.
- Mindfulness at work – whether a taster session to understand more about mindfulness, or a full program such as The Mindful Performance Advantage – Mark combines positive performance approaches such as skills mastery, strengths and stress models with a secular approach to mindfulness practice at work. Read more here.
- Perform at your best – under pressure – many of us face more pressure today than ever before; whether in pressured situations such as a critical presentation, or the continual pressure of responsibility, this course will help you perform at your best. Read more here.
- Wellbeing and resilience – looking for a session targeted directly at understanding and enhancing well-being and resilience? Look no further… read more here.
- Facilitation for key client driven outcomes – whether team building or strategy development, using a positive approach. Read more here.
- Open mindfulness 8-week courses – Mark also offers mindfulness courses for open enrolment, or one-to-one, via Mindfulness Berkshire. Read more here.
He has an MSc in Applied Positive Psychology, a BSc in computer science, has conducted primary research in mediation at work, as well as being formally trained as a mindfulness teacher. He is also qualified to use a number of work related psychometric instruments, and is member of the International Positive Psychology Association.
Mark’s key strengths include curiosity, judgement, love of learning, hope and honesty. When it comes to his practice, he loves to understand the end goal and the organisational culture, and to design solutions that are both practical and grounded in science, while offering a creative and relevant experience.
I’m passionate about Positive Psychology because …
The things that many of us desire in life, good relationships, health, successful activities, meaning, work we love, and yes, even happiness can all by impacted by interventions examined through positive psychology.
Mark’s PP gurus
Dr Barbara Fredrickson – our core understanding of importance of positive emotions has a lot to do with the work of Dr Fredrickson.
Dr J. Mark Williams – co-creator of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, and a positive influence on the responsible use of mindfulness practices in the UK.
Dr Richard J. Davidson – neuroscientist and lead of the Center for Investigating Healthy Minds, Dr Davidson is a leader in understanding the brain basis of emotions, and how the brain is changed through meditation practices.
And many more…